...7-Imp’s 7 Kicks is our weekly meeting ground for taking some time to reflect on Seven(ish) Exceptionally Fabulous, Beautiful, Interesting, Hilarious, or Otherwise Positive Noteworthy Things from the past week, whether book-related or not, that happened to you.
Here are my kicks:
1. Monday, I attended a board meeting for an arts organization, and we actually decided some stuff and got things done. That happens so rarely at meetings that it's pretty amazing when it does.
2. On Tuesday night, I met with a group for a project we're presenting this week, and they were wowed by the Powerpoint I'd put together for us to use. (It really wasn't a clever smokescreen to cover up how I hadn't finished my research. Really...)
3. On Wednesday night, I wrote a paper that was due Thursday morning. It looks like procrastination, but I'd been doing research, taking notes, and outlining for two weeks. Which made the actual writing go really quickly. And I feel the paper is pretty solid. And as part of the research process I found out why steam technology never took off in the Roman Empire!
4. On Thursday, my sister came over and I tried on my dress for her wedding and it's lovely (needs a tiny bit of alteration) and we made banana bread.
5. My husband's brother is the guitarist for Who's Bad, the Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band, and they had a hometown show Friday night. We went and my sister came with us. I'd been wanting to take her to one of their shows for a while, so I was happy she came. (Staying out until 2 am after a concert though is really not my thing.)
6. Yesterday I saw "Extract," which is a cute movie. In the middle of the film the projector stopped working and it was a long time before management got it fixed and when they did, they'd gone too far forward, past where we left off, so we missed a few scenes. But the whole experience was rather hilarious, so that's good.
7. Today I am going to do laundry, and clean clothes smell nice.